- Vazhakkai/Plantain - 1
- Onion - 1
- Green chillies - 1
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Urud dal - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut plantain into cubes and chop onion and green chillies.
- Grind cumin seeds and coconut into paste.
- In a frying pan, add oil, mustard seeds, urud dal, and curry leaves.
- Now add chopped onions and green chillies, saute this for few minutes.
- Then add the cubed plantain along with the salt.
- Add little water along with ground paste and cover the pan with lid to cook.
- Switch off the stove once it is cooked.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
This goes very well with rasam.